Delivering Learning Management for Fiona Stanley Hospital
Fiona Stanley Hospital
- $2 billion Fiona Stanley Hospital – largest building project ever undertaken by the State Government
- 50,000sqm of floor space over five main buildings
- 6300 rooms in the main building
- 783 beds, including 140 rehabilitation beds
Opened in December 2013, Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) is a state government hospital and training facility located in Perth, WA. The FSH construction project was the largest ever undertaken by the Western Australian Government. The hospital houses 783 beds and includes a large 140-bed rehabilitation centre, as well as mental health and burns services. FSH aims to use their state of the art equipment and communications technology to be a leader in research and education.
To meet the Western Australia Department of Health’s goal of making FSH a leading research and education institution, they required the supply, installation and commissioning of a Learning Management System (LMS). A strict deadline was in place as the LMS needed to be operational upon the opening of the hospital so that it could support the learning management of clinical and non-clinical staff.
The Capabiliti (LMS) team were confident that they could deliver the project on time and meet all of the requirements set by WA Health. The focus for Capabiliti was to allow FSH staff to be able to self-service and conduct self-guided learning and development services. Capabiliti’s solution was tailored to assist FSH with their records management, utilising Capabiliti’s powerful reporting functionality to perform audits and gap analysis of the hospital’s capabilities, as well as training skills and competencies of the health workforce. Capabiliti’s customisable solution allows FSH to personalise content and learning portals. Importantly, the LMS was assembled to deliver SCORM compliant learning content, and comply with WA’s state data sovereignty legislation. The entire platform was built on robust and scalable Microsoft programmes, allowing the LMS to grow as FSH do.
- We leveraged the work completed by WA Country Health Services to quickly implement a version of Capabiliti LMS for the new Hospital
- We conducted training, transferred knowledge and enabled the FSH administrative team to achieve a high standard of self-sufficiency in their people development and learning solution practices, all within the shortest possible time frame.