Enabling a Modern Workplace
- Implementation of Office 365 including; Teams, SharePoint Online and Office Suite
- Comprehensive SharePoint document management system
- Scalable and adaptable to changing office locations
- Improved organisational efficacies and collaboration
MTAA Super is a national industry based super fund that has served the motor trades and allied industries for 30 years. While many of their members work in the motor trades and small business, anyone can join. This fund was established under a Trust Deed and is managed by a corporate trustee, Motor Trades Association of Australia Superannuation Fund. MTAA Super currently has staff based across Australia and have over 200,000 customers in Australia.
MTAA Super was using different technology platforms in every office, making consistency and collaboration between remote staff difficult. They also wanted help to improve the way they deliver their core focuses (Member Engagement, Data Management and Analytics, Business Process Improvement, Workforce Enablement and Core Infrastructure and Cloud Technology) from their 2018-2021 IT Strategy. Finally, they wanted to move from Google Suite to Office 365 and find a partner to provide managed service support for: all IT requirements; workstation assets; Office 365 tenancy; staff adoption support post migration.
To roll out Office 365 (SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams and Outlook) across all MTAA Super locations and migrate all data from their Google Suite platform. Post migration: provide a service transition plan that includes support for MTAA Super’s current services while the migration to Office 365 took place. The transition plan included: upgrading some of their aging systems and equipment; actioning service requests and incidents; implementing proactive updates and configurations to address risks to service before they become issues; implement a collaborative document management system using SharePoint that allows co-authoring and accurate version control from any device.
“Since rolling out Modern Workplace technologies we have seen a large change in terms of connectivity amongst our employees – with consistency of work and channels used for engagement and collaboration of the teams really increasing.”
Michael Sykes – Deputy CEO, MTAA Super
- Greater collaboration between staff in multiple locations.
- Improved efficiencies (overall costs and processes improvements)
- Due to effective adoption training, MTAA Super experienced minimal disruption and really embraced the new technology.
- This has resulted in us being asked to implement a new Intranet for MTAA Super using SharePoint
- SharePoint Online – SharePoint (Corporate document) and One Drive (Personal document)
- Microsoft Teams – collaborate, chat, share working documents and have virtual team meetings
- Office 365 - bringing together the best tools for the way people work everyday (outlook, excel, word etc.)