Website Migration to Azure
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- We have worked alongside AIHW since 2010
- Since moving to Azure, the websites have consistently maintained a 99.99% SLA uptime
- The cost saving resulted in a 38.84% reduction in hosting each month.
- An eight-hour reduction in monthly deployment time was achieved thanks to Azure App Services
The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) is the government agency tasked with improving the health and wellbeing of Australians through better information and statistics. The information gathered influences policy development, public discussions and aims to educate Australians on their local hospitals and communities. A key requirement for AIHW is ensuring that this information can be shared and easily understood for all Australians citizens.
AIHW wanted to migrate from an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) model to Platform as a Service (PaaS) model. We proposed a migration to Azure which would ensure a Microsoft backed 99.99% SLA and host cost savings of approximately 20% by decommissioning existing infrastructure. They also wanted to modernise their MyHospitals.gov.au and MyHealthyCommunities.gov.au websites while providing a reduction in cost associated in hosting and to modernise the backend of both sites to provide deployment efficiencies. They also needed the ability to continually improve and extend on the reporting capabilities for both sites.
We worked with AIHW to migrate and modernise their websites to Microsoft Azure, reducing resourcing hours and providing faster deployment times. AIHW websites are now managed centrally in Microsoft Azure with continual enhancements being made effortlessly. Moving the sites from infrastructure to platform services on Microsoft Azure provides additional benefits including: streamlined deployments, no patching to worry about and ability to scale at ease on demand. Azure's built in monitoring tools also provided a clear picture for the status of the sites in one platform.
- Since moving to Azure, the websites have consistently maintained a 99.99% SLA uptime, easier deployments and quick updates
- The cost saving resulted in a 38.84% reduction in hosting each month and an eight-hour reduction in monthly deployment time thanks to the new Azure App Services
- 96 hours of resourcing time reclaimed a year compared to previous year
- Savings in hosting costs is now used on new feature upgrades and additional reporting capabilities for AIHW
- Microsoft Azure